Product Management executive with expertise in mobile and social media monetization, bringing 15 years of leadership experience at ground breaking companies including DoubleClick, RockYou, Say Media, and Tapjoy.
I enjoy building large-scale products and platforms, driving high impact projects, and leading teams to radically evolve online advertising and ecommerce into new territory. My engineering background, entrepreneurial spirit, and start up mindset help me succeed in agile environments and quickly navigate cross-functional teams.
Passions: Mobile Apps, Social Games, Engagement Advertising, Informative Analytics, Online Communities.
VELTI / MOBCLIX
Director of Product Management
Manage the product team for the leading mobile ad network
VP / Sr. Director Consulting roles
Product Management leadership focused on projects that are high impact, complex, and cross-functional
• Built the brand advertising business for the leading incentivized mobile ad network
• Scaled product and engineering teams to stay agile through rapid growth
• Redesigned self-service advertising platform helping premium and long tail apps monetize and acquire users
• Scaled creative and marketing teams to maximize brand advertiser’s KPIs across social content;
• Lead cross-functional group using analytics and interviews to document and roll out best practices, increasing engagement metrics for video advertising on blogs and communities;
GOOGLE / DOUBLECLICK
• Coordinated international team to migrate all advertising from AOL onto DART for Publishers. Created project timelines, engineering specs, and contingency plan for massive rapid migration.
• Gathered information from a cross-functional team and created extensive process documentation for eBay’s advertising solution, ensuring client satisfaction with a unique, divergent implementation.
• Revenue generating product leadership for a top social media website focused on building organic communities around content curation and aggregation;
• Strategic and functional responsibility for monetization through brands sales and partnerships, self-service advertising platform, analytics, unique display products, and premium subscriptions;
• Aggressively drove Ecommerce division, generating $150 million in annual revenue for six consumer electronics properties and a comparison shopping engine;
• Overhauled all properties and boosted traffic through SEO/SEM, significantly increasing ROI.
GANNETT CO, INC
• Migrated all advertising from individual instances of 24/7 Real Media’s OAS to a networked AOL’s ADTECH ad platform, including automatic retagging, trafficking, and verification;
• Establish ad operations team by hiring staff, setting up IO fulfillment process, and defining success metrics.
Senior Director of Product Development
• Monetized social media for owned and operated apps and games as well as a large network of publishers, while balancing the demands of a healthy, high margin ad network.
• Push the boundaries of online advertising with in-game ad units incentivized with virtual currency and gifts
• Thought leader in brand and performance based advertising on Facebook, Myspace, Orkut, Hi5, Bebo, etc.
• Provide advertisers deep demographic and social graph data through third-party integrations, an ability to acquire users based on lifetime value, and unique conversions such as Twitter followers and Facebook fans
• Manage the product development teams for the world’s largest social media ad network, including product managers, platform engineers, UI developers, analytics, business intelligence, architecture, and QA
• Implement product development process and methodology, standard documentation, support structure and escalation path for internationally distributed teams
• Execute on business requirements from sales, marketing, engineering, ad ops, and other stakeholders
• Lead cross functional strategic efforts including outbound user acquisition and marketing analytics, ERP, and critical projects for Facebook.
• Built a robust advertising platform running exclusively on social media with performance optimization, delivery priority, full targeting options, robust reporting, self-service, and campaign management
• Scaled product to support 20 billion impressions a month, hundreds of advertisers, thousands of publishers, and tight integration with remnant ad networks and other third parties.
• Created both IAB standard and unique ad units leveraging video, flash, and expandables.
• Excelled in the unique environment of ad delivery on social media platforms and within apps and games
CENDANT / TRIP NETWORK
Business Manager / Product Manager
• Champion and driver of product development, design, and workflow for the 4th largest travel website.
• Responsible for several high margin products representing over $30 million in annual revenue.
• Increased the Car Business Vertical’s revenue by 75%, average cost of rental by 30%, and share of overall reservations by 50%, including through up-sells, cross-sells, and streamlined conversion funnels.
• Improved the enterprise value of Cendant Travel Distributions Services by coordinating with in-house properties, travel agents, and other customer-facing groups on product functionality
Senior Strategic Engineer, TechSolutions for eMail
• Developed long-term strategies and functional specifications for a new email advertising solution
• Prioritized product enhancement requirements and timelines for delivery for highly scalable products
• Recruited, trained, and supervised team of Consultants and Sales Engineers
Senior Sales / Consulting Engineer, TechSolutions for Publishers
• Provided business and technical analysis to top web sites on their current and future business models, working with clients’ technical, sales, and marketing teams
• Consulted on advertising strategy and implemented DART for 60 clients, including: Viacom, iVillage, Businessweek, HotJobs, and American Express Travel
Consultant / IT Specialist, Global Services
• Client-facing consultant and developer creating an object oriented front end extending over middleware for a call center environment.
• Architected and implemented Java servlets using Enterprise Java Beans connecting network computers to legacy systems
Boston College 5/97
Bachelor of Arts, Computer Science and Bachelor of Arts, Psychology; Concentration, Philosophy
IBM Global Services Institute 9/97
Consultants training, Customer Relationship Management training, Advanced Java Programming, AIX administration, DB2 and CICS introduction